Police Appreciation Month Schedule
The Philadelphia Police Foundation, a nonprofit organization that strengthens and enhances the mission of the Philadelphia Police Department by providing resources not covered in the city budget, proudly announces local business participation in Police Appreciation Month which will take place NOVEMBER 1 – NOVEMBER 30, 2010. This year’s campaign focuses on reinstating the mounted police with a goal of raising the $1.4 million needed build stables, train officers as well as cover general operational costs.
Event Listing for Police Appreciation Month: November 2010
- November 1st – 6th: Merchants at the Reading Terminal Market will feature a “blue plate special” from which a portion of sales will benefit the Philadelphia Police Foundation
- November 1st at 9:00am: Commissioner Ramsey Kick’s off Police Appreciation Month at the Reading Terminal Market
- November 1st at 12pm: A live appearance by Preston and Steve from WMMR, who will be scooping ice cream at Bassett’s
- November 2nd: Commissioner Ramsey will appear on Preston & Steve’s talk show
- November 2nd: Marilyn Russell will be broadcasting from Reading Terminal, featuring a female officer on Woman of the Week
- November 4th, 2:00pm at Penn Vet: Commissioner Ramsey and members of the Philadelphia Police Department will host a press conference announcing the return of the Mounted Unit. Janice Tangradi of 7-Eleven, Inc. will also present a $10,711 check; the proceeds of their Drop a Quarter for Law and Order campaign.
- November 8th – 13th: Blue Plate Specials: Continuing the campaign, Table 31, Bistro St. Tropez, D’Angelos, DiNardo’s, Q BBQ & Tequila, Cuba Libre, Capriccio Café, Nosita and other area restaurants will feature a “blue plate special” item on their lunch and dinner menus.
Click Here for a List of Participating Restaurants
- November 11th, 4:00pm – 6:00pm at Cuba Libre: Marilyn will serve Blue Plate Specials at Cuba Libre restaurant
- November 15th – 20th: BOYDS Philadelphia and other Center City retailers will be generously donating a portion of sales for every suit, blazer or jacket sold
What to Listen For on the Radio:
- Comcast has generously donated $60,000 worth of on-air advertising radio spots to promote the campaign and raise awareness for the necessity of reinstituting the Mounted Unit. In addition, Comcast has donated $20,000 to the Foundation to help reach their fundraising goal.
- The Fanatic will host a weekly athletic competition, at the Sporting Club at the Bellevue, of celebrity talent, Vai Sikahema versus members of the Philadelphia Police Force. Afternoon Drive DJ, Andre Gardner will be interviewing members of the force and promoting participating restaurants through his Hometown of the Week Broadcasts.
- During the month-long campaign, on-air support and talent appearances will be provided by Greater Media Radio (97.5 The Fanatic, 950 ESPN, 102.9 MGK, 93.3 WMMR, 95.7 BEN FM and their respective Web sites)
What to Else to Look For:
- During Police Appreciation Month, the Foundation will also turn the city blue with colored fountains, as well as promote the month via lights on the PECO and the Cira Centre buildings.
- The Philadelphia Business Journal, Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News and philly.com will also support Police Appreciation Month through advertising space that is being donated to help raise awareness for the month and the mission of the Philadelphia Police Foundation.
Participating Retailers and Restaurants
|Table 31, 1701 JFK Blvd, 215-567-7111, www.table-31.com
(Margherita Pizza, available lunch, happy hour and dinner: 10% sales donated to PPF)
|D’Angelo Ristorante, 256 South 20th Street, 215-546-3935, www.dangeloristorante.com
(Free Chef’s mande dessert w/ any Lunch Entree: 10% sales donated to PPF)
|DiNardos Famous Seafood, 312 Race Street, 215-925-5115, www.dinardos.com|
|Novita Bistro, 1608 South Street, 215-545-4665, www.NovitaBistro.com|
|Cuba Libre, 10 South 2nd Street, 215-627-0666, www.CubaLibreRestaurant.com
($15 blueplate special to vary each week: 50% proceeds donated to PPF)
|Q BBQ & Tequila, 207 Chestnut Street, 215-625-8605, www.QOldcity.com
($4 Mini Blue Chesse Burger or Blue Margarita during Hapy Hour: 10% sales donated to PPF)
|Bistro St. Tropez, 2400 Market Street 4th Floor, Marketplace Design Center 215-569-9269www.bistrosttropez.com
(50% proceeds on all purchases from “Menu Express”)
|Capriccio, 110 North 16th Street, 215-735-9797, www.CapriccioCafe.com
(Small coffee and a cupcake for $3.50 with 50% of the proceeds given to the foundation)
|Marmont Steakhouse, 222 Market Street, 215-923-1100, www.Marmont.net
(22 oz NY Strip: $10 Donated to PPF / 20 oz rib eye: $7 donated to PPF / 6 oz filet and crab cake: $5 dontated to PPF)
|Boyds, 1818 Chestnut Street, 215-564-9000, www.boydsphilla.com|
|Jacques Ferber Inc, 1708 Walnut Street, 215-735-4173
20% off all products and services to ALL Police Officers